Article Processing Charges
What is Article Processing Charge?
All the articles available in SeriesScience database can be freely accessed by the readers for reading and downloading. We offer open access to our scholars, the readers and our community members. Unlike the traditional publishers, SeriesScience does not sell subscriptions to any readers. We have a nominal Article Processing Charge to cover the entire range of services we offer. This charge helps us to take care of the provision of tools required by the editors, linking indexing services, hosting and production. Article Processing Charges are applied to turn a raw manuscript into a finely written published article. The submission does not involve any charges. Article Processing Charges are taken when the manuscript is finally accepted for publication in the respective journal.
Why do we take Article Processing Charge?
To understand why we take Article Processing Charge, you need to know the work done to publish the article. Here is a detailed explanation of the work of our Editorial Managing Team:
- The expert Editorial Managing Team of SeriesScience is responsible for the screening and initial checking of technical, plagiarism, quality of the language and authentication of data for the submitted manuscript.
- Once an author submits the manuscript, our back-end team creates a profile of the author for further communication and interaction. The work does not end here; the profile is maintained and kept updated.
- It then becomes the responsibility of the Editorial Quality Assurance team to review the article. This team makes sure that the article abides by the guidelines and policies provided by SeriesScience.
- An article needs to be scrutinized for any minor mistakes. This task is completed by the experienced proof-reading team of SeriesScience.
- It is important to turn the manuscript into structured XML, PDF and HTML which is executed efficiently by the production team.
- The Indexing team liaises with indexing services.
- Also, we cannot ignore the contribution of the support team, who happily answers queries during the publishing process.
To gather more detailed knowledge about the exact publishing process, please visit our ‘Peer Review Process’ page.
Article Processing Charge is applicable to all the articles that have been accepted by the editors for publication in the online journals of SeriesScience. These charges are paid by the person submitting the manuscript or it can be paid by the funding agency or institution. The authors need to confirm during the time of manuscript submission, that they will arrange for the payment if the article is accepted by the editor.
You can avail the full list of Article Processing Charges of all the journals from here.
As per the internal policies of SeriesScience, the author has to request for special discount after the submission of the manuscript. If the handling editor recommends the manuscript for discount, a reduction on the Article Processing Charges is provided to the respective author. However, we provide automatic discount for low-income countries defined by World Bank.
If you want the waiver policy to apply for your manuscript, you need to request for one before proceeding with the submission process. In both the cases, the author needs to submit enough documents to avail the waiver.
For further queries, kindly get in touch with us by sending an email to email@example.com
Please, check the list of countries falling under the Low-Income economy below:
|Cameroon||Cape Verde||Central African Republic|
|Chad||Comoros||Democratic Republic of Congo|
|CongoFaso||Cote D’Ivoire||Democratic People’s Republic of Korea|
|Djibouti||East Timor||El Salvador|
|Niger||Palestinian Authority||Papua New Guinea|
|Rwanda||Sao Tome and Principe||Senegal|
|Sierra Leone||Solomon Islands||Somalia|
|South Sudan||Sri Lanka||Sudan|
Open Access Memberships
Our memberships have been crafted in a way to guide the institutional administrators to manage Open Access publications in details. Our memberships are a combination of strong central administration system and the benefits related to publishing researchers. We are confident that our memberships will be able to satisfy all your institutional needs. You can explore the below topics for more details:
This type of membership is for single author in which an author can submit unlimited manuscripts for a finite period of one year in any journal present in SeriesScience database. This can be taken by any author who submits a manuscript. The manuscript will go through the peer review process before being published under a certain journal. For this, the author needs to deposit a nominal amount for taking the membership.
Benefits of Individual Membership:
- Sole authority of all the manuscripts.
- It gives great visibility.
- Very nominal amount is applicable.
This is the perfect solution for associations looking for their articles to get huge visibility. It also gives the society or the association an authority to gain control over the available funds for publishing. The association/society pays a nominal amount to avail this membership under which the members of association or society can publish their articles with 60% discount on Article Processing Charge for a year.
Benefits of Association/Society Membership:
- It only requires a nominal fee and does not include any central fund deposit from the association/society.
- It gives better visibility.
- An exclusive profile of the association/society will be created by SeriesScience in related journal.
- Members of the association/society will get their author profile in SeriesScience portal.
This type of membership is perfect for the university/institutions who want to avail Open Access facility for all of their researchers. This requires a central deposit by the university/institute for covering the Article Processing Charges. Researchers from the member university can avail this offer by simply presenting a letter from the university stating the permission to publish their article under University/Institution membership. The university/institute can avail the benefits by paying the annual charges which can be renewed every year with other offers.
Benefits of University/Institute Membership:
- The university/institute can solely decide which article should be covered by the available fund.
- The university/institutes will receive alerts on article submission, acceptance and also publication.
- Direct deposit to institutional repository becomes easy for the researchers.
- The chances of improving visibility are much higher.
- The university/institutes can remove any papers if they want.
- A free profile of Member University will be created by SeriesScience.
To gather more information about our membership, please send us an email.